- Publication date:
- 1st ed. - Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 2007.
- xvi, 303 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1. Background, Mechanics and Statistical Mechanics. Chapter 2. The Equation of Motion for a Typical Particle at Equilibrium The Mori-Zwanzig Approach. Chapter 3. Approximate Methods to Calculate Correlation Functions and Mori-Zwanzig Memory Functions. Chapter 4. The Generalised Langevin Equation in Non-Equilibrium. Chapter 5. The Langevin Equation and The Brownian Limit. Chapter 6. Langevin and Generalised Langevin Dynamics. Chapter 7. Brownian Dynamics. Chapter 8. Polymer Dynamics. Chapter 9. Theories Based on Distribution. Functions, Master Equations and Stochastic Equations. Chapter 10. An Overview Appendices.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary:
"The Langevin and Generalised Langevin Approach To The Dynamics Of Atomic, Polymeric And Colloidal Systems" is concerned with the description of aspects of the theory and use of so-called random processes to describe the properties of atomic, polymeric and colloidal systems in terms of the dynamics of the particles in the system. It provides derivations of the basic equations, the development of numerical schemes to solve them on computers and gives illustrations of application to typical systems. Extensive appendices are given to enable the reader to carry out computations to illustrate many of the points made in the main body of the book. This book starts from fundamental equations, gives up-to-date illustration of the application of these techniques to typical systems of interest, and contains extensive appendices including derivations, equations to be used in practice and elementary computer codes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Aug. 2, 2007). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- ScienceDirect (Online service)