Communication, language and literacy in the early years foundation stage
LB1139 .L3 B675 2009
- Unknown LB1139 .L3 B675 2009
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 125-129).
- INTRODUCTIONA THEORETICAL BASISSection 1: Language for Communication and Thinking: Developing Speaking and Listening SkillsLanguage AcquisitionLanguage Acquisition and the Development of Speaking and Listening SkillsLanguage Development, Speaking and Listening, and the Early Years Foundation StagePointers for Speaking and Listening in the Early YearsConclusionSection 2: Linking Sounds and Letters and Reading: Beginner and Developing Reader BehavioursEmergent Literacy and Early ReadingThe Importance of Story and Reading with ChildrenThe Development of Phonological Awareness: Linking Sounds and LettersEarly Reading and the Early Years Foundation StagePointers for Linking Sounds and Letters and Reading in the Early YearsConclusionSection 3: Writing and Handwriting: Beginner and Developing Writer BehavioursEmergent Literacy and Early WritingSociocultural Theory and Early WritingEarly Writing and the Early Years Foundation StagePointers for Writing and Handwriting in the Early YearsLeft-handed ChildrenConclusionCHAPTER ONE: Language for Communication Birth-20 months16-36 months30-50 months40-60+ months CHAPTER TWO: Language for ThinkingBirth-20 months16-3 months30-60+ monthsCHAPTER THREE: Linking Sounds and LettersBirth-20 months16-3 months30-60+ monthsCHAPTER FOUR: ReadingBirth-20 months16-3 months30-60+ monthsCHAPTER FIVE: WritingBirth-20 months16-3 months30-60+ monthsCHAPTER 6: HandwritingBirth-20 months16-3 months30-60+ monthsReferencesAppendix 1: Technical Vocabulary.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "The Practical Guidance in the Early Years Foundation Stage" series will assist practitioners in the smooth and successful implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage. Each book gives clear and detailed explanations of each aspect of Learning and Development and encourages readers to consider each area within its broadest context to expand and develop their own knowledge and good practice. Practical ideas and activities for all age groups are offered along with a wealth of expertise of how elements from the practice guidance can be implemented within all early years settings.The books include suggestions for the innovative use of everyday resources, popular books and stories. Children's early communication needs careful nurturing and support. Practitioners will be both challenged and supported by this book which focuses on the skills needed for language and literacy and all aspects of children's interaction with others. The learning opportunities for children need to be relevant for their age group, realistic and challenging. This book gives readers clear explanations and practical ideas to help them establish firm foundations on which children can grow in confidence and become skilful communicators.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Helen Bradford.
- Practical guidance in the EYFS
- "A David Fulton book."