Cognitive effects of multimedia learning
- Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, c2009.
- Physical description
- xxi, 417 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
LB1028.4 .C64 2009
- Unknown LB1028.4 .C64 2009
- Zheng, Robert.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 362-407) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Now established as an effective tool in the instructional process, multimedia has penetrated educational systems at almost every level of study. In their quest to maximize educational outcomes and identify best practices, multimedia researchers are now expanding their examinations to extend towards the cognitive functionality of multimedia."Cognitive Effects of Multimedia Learning" identifies the role and function of multimedia in learning through a collection of research studies focusing on cognitive functionality. An advanced collection of critical theories and practices, this much needed contribution to the research is an essential holding for academic libraries, and will benefit researchers, practitioners and students in basic and applied fields ranging from education to cognitive sciences.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- [edited by] Robert Z. Zheng.
- "Premier reference source"--Cover.