X-ray and neutron reflectivity : principles and applications
- 2nd ed.
- Berlin : Springer, c2009.
- Physical description
- xiv, 348 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics ; 770.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Interaction of X-rays (and Neutrons) with Matter.- Statistical Aspects of Wave Scattering at Rough Surfaces.- Specular Reflectivity From Smooth and Rough Surfaces.- Diffuse Scattering.- Neutron Reflectometry.- X-ray Reflectivity by Rough Multilayers.- Grazing Incidence Small Angle X-ray Scattering from Nanostructures.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is the first comprehensive introduction to X -ray and neutron reflectivity techniques and illustrates them with many examples. After a pedagogical introduction on the interaction of X-rays and neutrons with matter, the interplay between the statistics of rough surfaces and interfaces and the scattering of radiation is considered in detail. Specular reflectivity and diffuse scattering are discussed next , in chapters 3 and 4. The approximations are rigorously introduced and many experimental effects are discussed.The specific aspects of neutron reflectivity require separate treatment, given in chapter 5. Chapter 6 turns to X-ray reflectivity by rough multi layers. Eventually, chapter 7 introduces and discusses the by now well-established method of grazing incidence small angle X-ray scattering to investigate nanostructures. For the second edition, the material has been completely reorganized so as to meet the demand for a modern multi author textbook for PhD students and young researchers. All chapters have further been throughly revised, updated and, were appropriate, suitably augmented. The first edition has been published as Lect. Notes Phys. m58 in the same series.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- J. Daillant, A. Gibaud (eds).
- Lecture notes in physics ; 770
- Previous ed.: 1999.