Feminist thought : a more comprehensive introduction
- Tong, Rosemarie.
- 3rd ed.
- Boulder, Colo. : Westview Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xi, 417 p. ; 23 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 333-399) and index.
- * Introduction: The Diversity of Feminist Thinking * 1. Liberal Feminism * 2. Radical Feminism: Libertarian and Cultural Perspectives * 3. Marxist and Socialist Feminism: Classical and Contemporary * 4. Psychoanalytic Feminism * 5. Care-focused Feminism * 6. Multicultural, Global, and Postcolonial Feminism * 7. Ecofeminism * 8. Postmodern and Third-wave Feminism * Conclusion: Margins and Centers * Notes * Bibliography * Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book presents a critical introduction to the major traditions of feminist theory, now with new considerations of care-focused, postcolonial, and third-wave feminism. A clear, comprehensive, and indispensable introduction to the major traditions of feminist theory, "Feminist Thought" includes incisive, critical examinations of liberal feminism, radical feminism, Marxist and socialist feminism, and eco-feminism.This third edition has been thoroughly reformulated and expanded to include recent developments in feminist thought, including a new chapter on care-focused feminism (Chapter 5), an exploration of the connections of multicultural and global feminism with postcolonial feminism (Chapter 6), and a close consideration of the linkages between postmodern feminism and third-wave feminism (Chapter 8). Key feminist theorists such as Judith Butler, Martha Nussbaum, and Eva Feder Kittay receive new or extended discussions. The bibliography, organized by topics within chapters, provides an invaluable aid to further research.An illuminating guide to the diversity of feminism, "Feminist Thought" continues to serve as the essential resource for students and thinkers who want to understand the theoretical origins and complexities of contemporary feminist debates.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Feminist theory.
- Publication date
- Rosemarie Tong.