Citing medicine [electronic resource] : the NLM style guide for authors, editors, and publishers
- Patrias, Karen.
- 2nd ed.
- Bethesda, Md. : Dept. of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, U.S. National Library of Medicine, 2007.
- Physical description
- 1 electronic text : HTML file.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Conference publications
- Scientific and technical reports
- Dissertations and theses
- Newspaper articles
- Legal documents
- Forthcoming ("in press")
- Papers and poster sessions presented at meetings
- Letters and other personal communication
- Books and other individual titles in audiovisual formats
- Journals in audiovisual formats
- Prints and photographs
- Books and other individual titles on CD-ROM, DVD, or Disk
- Journals on CD-ROM, DVD, or Disk
- Databases on CD-ROM, DVD, or Disk
- Computer programs on CD-ROM, DVD, or Disk
- Books and other individual titles on the internet
- Journals on the internet
- Databases/retrieval systesm on the internet
- Web sites
- Electronic mail and discussion forums.
- Appendixes: Abbreviations for commonly used English words in journal titles
- Additional sources for journal title abbreviations
- Abbreviations for comonly used English words in bibliographic description
- ISO country codes for selected countries
- Two-letter abbreviations for Canadian provinces and territories and U.S. states and territories
- Notes for citing Medline®/PubMed®.
- "Citing Medicine provides assistance to authors in compiling lists of references for their publications, to editors in revising such lists, to publishers in setting reference standards for their authors and editors, and to librarians and others in formatting bibliographic citations"--Introd.
- Publication date
- Karen Patrias ; Daniel L. Wendling, technical editor.
- Title Variation
- Citing medicine : the National Library of Medicine style guide for authors, editors, and publishers
- NLM style guide for authors, editors, and publishers
- Title from title screen (viewed Oct. 11, 2007).
- Prev. ed. : National Library of Medicine recommended formats for bibliographic citation.
- Mode of access: Internet from NLM web site. Addrses as of 10/11/07: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv.fcgi?rid=citmed.TOC&depth=2 ; current access available via PURL.