International handbook on the preparation and development of school leaders
- New York : Routledge, 2008.
- Physical description
- xvii, 491 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
LB2805 .I4544 2008
- Unknown LB2805 .I4544 2008
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction, Gary Crow , Jacky Lumby and Petros Pashiardis Concepts of Leadership and its Development 1 The Nature and Specialized Purposes of Educational Leadership, Paul Begley 2 Leadership and Culture, Jacky Lumby Nick Foskett 3 A Life and Career Based Framework for the Study of Leaders in Education: Problems, Possibilities and Prescriptions, Peter Ribbins 4 Effects of Leadership on Student Academic Affective Achievement, Stephen Jacobson and Christopher Bezzina 5 Tony Bush and Race and Racism in Leadership Development, Kholeka Moloi 6 Gender and Leadership Development, Marianne Coleman and Tanya Fitzgerald 7 Theories of Learning, Brenda Beatty The Practice of Leadership Development 8 School Development and School Leader Development - New Learning Opportunities for School Leaders and their Schools, Stephan Huber 9 The Recruitment and Selection of School Leaders, Stephan Huber and Petros Pashiardis 10 Curriculum and Pedagogy, Edith A Rusch 11 Mentoring and Coaching Programs for the Professional Development of School Leaders, Bruce G. Barnett and Gary R. O'Mahony 12 Evaluation of School Principals, Petros Pashiardis and Stefan Brauckmann 13 Understanding and Assessing the Impact of Leadership Development, Kenneth Leithwood and Ben Levin International Reflections 14 Leadership Preparation and Development in North America, Margaret Grogan and Michelle D. Young 15 Leadership Development in Latin America, Alexandre Ventura, Jorge Adelino Costa and Terezinha Monteiro dos Santos 16 Jorunn MA ller and Leadership Development in Europe, Michael Schratz 17 School Leadership Development in Africa, Ruth Otunga, David Serem and Jonah Nyaga Kindiki 18 Preparing and Developing School Leaders in the Middle East, Reynold Macpherson and Omid Tofighian 19 Leader Development across Three Chinese Societies, Allan Walker, Chen Shuanye and Qian Haiyan 20 Professional Learning of School Leaders in Australia, Michelle Anderson, Elizabeth Kleinhenz, Bill Mulford and David Gurr 21 Leadership Development in Small Island States, Tony Bush, Marie-Therese Purvis and Linda Barallon 22 Epilogue, Jacky Lumby, Petros Pashiardis and Gary Crow Biographies.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Sponsored by the University Council on Educational Administration (UCEA), the British Educational, Leadership, Management, and Administration Society (BELMAS), and the Commonwealth Council for Educational Administration and Management (CCEAM), this is the first book to provide a comprehensive and comparative review of what is known about the preparation and development of primary and secondary schools leaders across the globe. It describes current issues and debates and an assessment of where the field of leadership development is headed.This book provides the first comprehensive look at leadership preparation and development across the globe. The chapter authors, all of whom are well known scholars, are drawn from the following countries: USA 8, UK 9, Europe 5, Asia 3, Canada 3, Australia/New Zealand 3, and Africa 3. This book provides researchers and policymakers with critical descriptions and assessments of both topical and geographical areas. Chapter contributors are drawn from a variety of theoretical perspectives and represent all major continents.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Jacky Lumby, Gary Crow, Petros Pashiardis.