Educating for social justice and inclusion in an African context : pathways and transitions
- New York : Nova Science Publishers, c2008.
- Physical description
- xxv, 241 p. ; 27 cm.
LC196.5 .A35 E38 2008
- Unknown LC196.5 .A35 E38 2008
- Muthukrishna, Nithi.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface-- Introduction: Educating for social justice and inclusion: Widening our Gaze-- Part 1 - Educational policy and ideological cross roads-- Part 2 - Difference in context: Listening to situated stories-- Part 3 - Educating for social justice and inclusion: Lessons from the ground-- References-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This proposed book moves away from a special education course, reflecting a broad consideration of social justice and inclusion that encompasses a variety of concerns about the lived experience of domination, oppression and injustice, and seeks to understand the complex intersections of a number of often overlapping categories of social identity and conflict, including cultural, ethnic, and racialised identities, gender sexual orientation, class and disability.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Anbanithi Muthukrishna, editor.
- Title Variation
- Educating for social justice & inclusion in an African context