The hands-on guide for science communicators [electronic resource] : a step-by-step approach to public outreach
- Christensen, Lars Lindberg.
- New York : Springer, c2007.
- Physical description
- xv, 270 p. : col. ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface.- The Ideal Communication Office.- The Communication Flow.- The Product Chain.- Target Groups.- Product Types.- Written Communication.- Press Releases.-Production of Brochures.- Visual Communication.- Technical Set-up.- Distribution.- Evaluation and Archiving.- Video Production.- Crisis Communication.- Guidelines for Scientists.- The Press Conference.- Summary and Conclusions.- References, Web Links.- Glossary and Index.- Appendices.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Many people know something about communication "it is after all an innate human ability" but a full comprehension of how to do science communication effectively is not acquired easily. This Guide touches upon all aspects of science communication, revealing a tightly interwoven fabric of issues: product types, target groups, written communication, visual communication, validation processes, practices of efficient workflow, distribution, promotion, advertising and much more. New science communicators will find this Guide both helpful and inspirational.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Communication in science.
- Publication date
- Lars Lindberg Christensen.
- Electronic reproduction. UK : MyiLibrary, 2007 Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to MIL affiliated libraries.