Wiley encyclopedia of chemical biology
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2009.
- Physical description
- 4 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
QP512 .W48 2009 V.1
QP512 .W48 2009 V.2
QP512 .W48 2009 V.3
QP512 .W48 2009 V.4
- In-library use QP512 .W48 2009 V.1
- Library has: v.1-
- Library has: v.1-
- John Wiley & Sons.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This is the first major reference at the interface of chemistry, biology, and medicine. Chemical biology is a rapidly developing field that uses the principles, tools, and language of chemistry to answer important questions in the life sciences. It has enabled researchers to gather critical information about the molecular biology of the cell and is the fundamental science of drug discovery, playing a key role in the development of novel agents for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease. Now students and researchers across the range of disciplines that use chemical biology techniques have a single resource that encapsulates what is known in the field. It is an excellent place to begin any chemical biology investigation. Major topics addressed in the encyclopedia include: applications of chemical biology; biomolecules within the cell; chemical views of biology; chemistry of biological processes and systems; synthetic molecules as tools for chemical biology; technologies and techniques in chemical biology; and, some 300 articles that range from pure basic research to areas that have immediate applications in fields such as drug discovery, sensor technology, and catalysis. Novices in the field can turn to articles that introduce them to the basics, whereas experienced researchers have access to articles exploring the cutting edge of the science. Each article ends with a list of references to facilitate further investigation. With contributions from leading researchers and pioneers in the field, the "Wiley Encyclopedia of Chemical Biology" builds on Wiley's unparalleled reputation for helping students and researchers understand the crucial role of chemistry and chemical techniques in the life sciences.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Encyclopedia of chemical biology