Enzyme kinetics : principles and methods
- Bisswanger, Hans.
- 2nd, rev. and updated ed.
- Weinheim, Germany : Wiley-VCH, c2008.
- Physical description
- xviii, 301 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- CHEMENG-320-01 -- Chemical Kinetics and Reaction Engineering
- Dunn, Alexander Robert
Request at circulation desk
QP601.3 .B5713 2008
On Reserve 2-hour loan
- Unknown QP601.3 .B5713 2008
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface to the Second English Edition.Preface to the First English Edition.Symbols and Abbreviations.Introduction and Definitions.References.1 Multiple Equilibria.1.1 Diffusion.1.2 Interaction between Macromolecules and Ligands.1.3 Macromolecules with Identical Independent Binding Sites.1.4 Macromolecules with Non-identical, Independent Binding Sites.1.5 Macromolecules with Identical, Interacting Binding Sites, Cooperativity.1.6 Non-identical, Interacting Binding Sites.References.2 Enzyme Kinetics.2.1 Reaction Order.2.2 Steady-State Kinetics and the Michaelis-Menten Equation.2.3 Analysis of Enzyme Kinetic Data.2.4 Reversible Enzyme Reactions.2.5 Enzyme Inhibition.2.6 Multi-substrate Reactions.2.7 Derivation of Rate Equations of Complex Enzyme Mechanisms.2.8 Kinetic Treatment of Allosteric Enzymes.2.9 pH and Temperature Dependence of Enzymes.2.10 Isotope Exchange.2.11 Special Enzyme Mechanisms.2.12 Application of Statistical Methods in Enzyme Kinetics.References.3 Methods.3.1 Methods for Investigation of Multiple Equilibria.3.2 Electrochemical Methods.3.3 Calorimetry.3.4 Spectroscopic Methods.3.5 Measurement of Fast Reactions.References.Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This new, expanded and updated edition of the user-friendly and comprehensive treatise on enzyme kinetics expertly balances theory and practice. With its easy-to-use program on CD-ROM containing examples allowing for the interpretation of experimental data, this is an indispensable aid for advanced students and professionals working with enzymes, whether biochemists, biotechnologists, chemical biologists, pharmacologists or bioengineers in academia, industry and clinical research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Hans Bisswanger.