Handbook of RAFT polymerization
- Weinheim : Wiley-VCH, c2008.
- Physical description
- xi, 543 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
QD281 .P6 H36 2008
- Unknown QD281 .P6 H36 2008
- Barner-Kowollik, Christopher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- List of Contributors.1. Introduction (Christopher Barner-Kowollik)2. Quantum-Chemical Studies of RAFT Polymerization: Methodology, Structure-reactivity Correlations and Kinetic Implications (Michelle L. Coote, Elizabeth H. Krenske, Ekaterina I. Izgorodina)3. The Mechanism and Kinetics of the RAFT Process: Overview, Rates, Stabilities, Side reactions, Product Spectrum and Outstanding Challenges (Braeme Moad, Christopher Barner-Kowollik)4. The RAFT Process as a Kinetic Tool: Accessing Fundamental Parameters of Free Radical Polymerization (Thomas Junkers, Tara M. Lovestaead, Christopher Barner-Kowollik)5. The Radical Chemistry of thiocarbonylthio Compounds: An Overview (Samir Z. Zard)6. RAFT Polymerization in Bulk Monomer or in (Organic) Solution (Ezio Rizzardo, Graeme Moad, San H. Thank)7. RAFT Polymerization in Homogeneous Aqueous Media: Initiation Systems, RAFT Agent Stability, Monomers and Polymer Structures (Andrew B. Low, Charles L. McCormic)8. RAFT-Mediated Polymerization in Heterogeneous Systems (Carl N. Urbani, Michael J. Monteiro)9. Complex Architecture Design via the RAFT Process: Scope, Strengths and Limitations (Martina H. Stenzel)10. Macromolecular Design by Interchange of Xanthates: Background, Design, Scope and Applications (Daniel Taton, Mathias Destarac, Samir Z. Zard)11. Surface and Particle Modification via the RAFT Process: Approach and Properties (Yu Li, Linda S. Schadler, Brian C. Benicewicz)12. Polymers with Well-Defined End Groups via RAFT-Synthesis, Applications and Postmodification (Leonie Barner, Sebastein Perrier)13. Toward New Materials Prepared via the Raft Process: From Drug Delivery to Optoelectronics? (Arnaud Fovier, Bertrand de Lambert, Marie-Therese Charreyre)Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Spanning the entire field from fundamentals to applications in material science, this one stop source is the first comprehensive reference for polymer, physical and surface chemists, materials scientists, chemical engineers, and those chemists working in industry. The contents include: Introduction: Living Free, Radical Polymerization and the RAFT Process, Fundamental Structure Reactivity, Correlations Governing the RAFT Process, Mechanism and Kinetics, The RAFT Process as a Kinetic Tool, Theory and Practice in Technical Applications, RAFT Polymerization in Bulk and Organic Solvents, as well as Homogeneous Aqueous Systems Emulsion and Mini Emulsion; Polymerization, Complex Architecture Design, Macromolecular Design via the Interchange of Xanthates, Surface Modification, Stability and Physical Properties of RAFT Polymers, Novel Materials: From Drug Delivery to Opto Electronics, and Outlook and Future Developments.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Christopher Barner-Kowollik.