QC793.5 .F42 M57 2008
- Unknown QC793.5 .F42 M57 2008
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ch. 1. Overview of heavy fermion systems
- Ch. 2. kondo lattice, mixed valence, and heavy fermions
- Ch. 3. Dynamical, extended dynamical, and cluster dynamical mean-field theories : (DMFT, EDMFT, and Cluster DMFT)
- Ch. 4. Fermi-liquid, heavy fermi-liquid, and non-fermi-liquid models
- Ch. 5. Metamagnetism in heavy fermions (experimental review)
- Ch. 6. Theory of metamagnetism in heavy fermions
- Ch. 7. Heavy fermion superconductors (Ce-based compounds)
- Ch. 8. U-based superconducting compounds
- Ch. 9. Filled skutterdites and transuranium heavy fermion superconductors
- Ch. 10. Brief review of theories of heavy fermion superconductivity
- Ch. 11. Kondo insulators.
- Publisher's Summary
- The book on "Heavy-Fermion Systems" is a part of the Book series "Handbook of Metal Physics", each volume of which is written to facilitate the research of Ph.D. students, faculty and other researchers in a specific area. The Heavy-Fermions (sometimes known as Heavy-Electrons) is a loosely defined collection of intermetallic compounds containing rare-earth (mostly Ce) or actinide (mostly U) elements. These unusual names were given due to the large effective mass (100-1,000 times greater than the mass of a free electron) below a critical temperature. They have a variety of ground states including superconducting, antiferromagnetic, paramagnetic or semiconducting. Some display unusual magnetic properties such as magnetic quantum critical point and metamagnetism.This book is essentially a summary as well as a critical review of the theoretical and experimental work done on Heavy Fermions. It provides extensive research references. It presents comprehensive review of a very rapidly growing number of theories. It includes summary of all important experiments. It offers comparison with other highly correlated systems such as High-Tc Superconductors. It covers possible Technological applications.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Prasanta Misra.
- Handbook of metal physics