- 1st ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 2008.
- Physical description
- xiii, 359 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Handbook of metal physics.
QC173.4 .Q36 Q295 2008
- Unavailable QC173.4 .Q36 Q295 2008
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is aimed at researchers who are working in a field of quasicrystals to provide a reference to recent developments and ideas in the field and also at graduate students, who intend to study quasicrystals, to provide introduction of ideas. Topics in this book cover an entire field of quasicrystals, both experimental and theoretical, including new developments: the state of the art in quasicrystallography, new families of quasicrystals, phasons in aperiodic solids, ab initio studies on stability mechanism, quantum transport phenomena, elastic/plastic properties and surface of quasicrystals. This title features comprehensive reviews by experts in the field. It provides complete reference of original papers and new topics. It covers intelligible introduction of quasicrystals by experts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- volume editors, Takeo Fujiwara and Yasushi Ishii.
- Handbook of metal physics, 1570-002X
- Includes bibliographical references and index.