Effective teacher leadership : using research to inform and reform
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2008.
- Physical description
- xii, 211 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB1025.3 .E355 2008
- Unknown LB1025.3 .E355 2008
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Teacher leadership : what it is and why it matters / Melinda M. Mangin & Sara Ray Stoelinga
- Instructional coaching : the state of the art / James E. Taylor
- Content is the subject : how teacher leaders with different subject knowledge interact with teachers / Christopher M. Manno & William A. Firestone
- Teacher leadership in support of large-scale mathematics and science education reform / Brian Lord, Kate Cress, & Barbara Miller
- The influence of organizational design on instructional teacher leadership / Melinda M. Mangin
- Leading from above and below : the interaction of formal and informal teacher leader roles / Sara Ray Stoelinga
- Going to scale with teacher leadership : lessons learned from a district-wide literacy coach initiative / Eric Camburn, Steven Kimball, Rebecca Lowenhaupt
- Instructional influence in American high schools / Jonathan A. Supovitz
- Student services practices as a model for data-driven instructional leadership / Richard Halverson & Christopher N. Thomas
- Drawing conclusions about instructional teacher leadership / Sara Ray Stoelinga & Melinda M. Mangin.
- Publisher's Summary
- Featuring a diverse and distinguished group of scholars, this volume provides a much-needed, research-based analysis of nonsupervisory, school-based, instructional leadership. Frequently referred to as teacher leaders, specialists, or coaches, these new positions have the potential to provide teachers with the skills and knowledge necessary for continued instructional improvement and, ultimately, enhanced student learning. This authoritative collection presents both qualitative and quantitative evidence on the enactment, design, conditions, constraints, and successes of this type of instructional leadership. This book offers important lessons for the improvement of policy and practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Melinda M. Mangin and Sara Ray Stoelinga ; foreword by Mark A. Smylie.