The handbook of biomass combustion and co-firing
- London ; Sterling, VA : Earthscan, 2008.
- Physical description
- xix, 442 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
TP339 .H36 2008
- Unknown TP339 .H36 2008
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction * Biomass Fuel Properties and Basic Principles of Biomass Combustion * Biomass Fuel Supply and Pre-treatment * Domestic Wood-Burning Appliances * Combustion Technologies for Industrial and District Heating Systems * Power Generation and Co-generation * Co-combustion * Biomass Ash Characteristics and Behaviour in Combustion Systems * Environmental Aspects of Biomass Combustion * Policies * Research and Development: Needs and Ongoing Activities * Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This unique handbook presents both the theory and application of biomass combustion and co-firing, from basic principles to industrial combustion and environmental impact, in a clear and comprehensive manner. It offers a solid grounding on biomass combustion, and advice on improving combustion systems. Written by leading international academics and industrial experts, and prepared under the auspices of the IEA Bioenergy Implementing Agreement, the handbook is an essential resource for anyone interested in biomass combustion and co-firing technologies varying from domestic woodstoves to utility-scale power generation. The book covers subjects including biomass fuel pre-treatment and logistics, modelling the combustion process and ash-related issues, as well as featuring an overview of the current R&D needs regarding biomass combustion.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Sjaak van Loo and Jaap Koppejan.
- Title Variation
- Handbook of biomass combustion & co-firing