The West as America : reinterpreting images of the frontier, 1820-1920
- Washington : Published for the National Museum of American Art by the Smithsonian Institution Press, c1991.
- Physical description
- xiv, 389 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
The Art & Architecture Library is closed July 25 - Sept. 9 during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. The collection is not accessible during this period. Please contact Interlibrary Borrowing to obtain this title.
F596 .W493 1991
- Unknown F596 .W493 1991
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 373-379) and index.
- Publication date
- edited by William H. Truettner ; with contributions by Nancy K. Anderson ... [et al.].
- "Published on the occasion of the exhibition ... organized by the National Museum of American Art, Smithsonian Institution, and shown at [the] National Museum of American Art, Washington, D.C., March 15-July 7, 1991, the Denver Art Museum, August 3-October 13, 1991, the Saint Louis Art Museum, November 9, 1991-January 12, 1992"--T.p. verso.