Global obligations for the right to food
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers., c2008.
- Physical description
- xiii, 258 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Another world is necessary.
- Kent, George, 1939-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Global obligations / George Kent
- Extraterritorial obligations : a response to globalization / Rolf Künnemann and Sandra Ratjen
- International legal dimensions of the right to food / Federica Donati and Margret Vidar
- Holding corporations accountable in relation to the right to food / Michael Brady
- International legal obligations for infants' right to food / Arun Gupta
- Global action against worms, malaria, and measles / Michael Latham
- Public access to seeds and the human right to adequate food / Marc Cohen and Anitha Ramanna
- Global support for school feeding / S. Vivek
- Reflections / George Kent
- Recommendations / Michael Brady, Marc Cohen, Federica Donati, Arun Gupta, George Kent, Rolf Künnemann, Michael Latham, Anitha Ramanna, Sandra Ratjen, Margret Vidar, and S. Vivek
- Author profiles.
- Publisher's Summary
- Hunger and other large-scale nutrition problems are global in scope and must be addressed as global problems-not merely as a series of national problems. Global Obligations for the Right to Food examines the obligations of the global community as a whole, especially in terms of the external, rather than internal, obligations of states.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by George Kent.
- Another world is necessary : human rights, environmental justice, and popular democracy