- Bird, R. Byron (Robert Byron), 1924-
- Rev. 2nd ed.
- New York : J. Wiley, c2007.
- Physical description
- xii, 905 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Preface. Chapter 0. The Subject of Transport Phenomena. PART I: MOMENTUM TRANSPORT. Chapter 1. Viscosity and the Mechanisms of Momentum Transport. Chapter 2. Shell Momentum Balances and Velocity Distribution in Laminar Flow. Chapter 3. The Equations of Change for Isothermal Systems. Chapter 4. Velocity Distributions with More Than One Independent Variable. Chapter 5. Velocity Distributions in Turbulent Flow. Chapter 6. Interphase Transport in Isothermal Systems. Chapter 7. Macroscopic Balances for Isothermal Flow Systems. Chapter 8. Polymeric Liquids. PART II: ENERGY TRANSPORT. Chapter 9. Thermal Conductivity and the Mechanisms of Energy Transport. Chapter 10. Shell Energy Balance sand Temperature Distributions in Solids and Laminar Flow. Chapter 11. The Equations of Change for Nonisothermal Systems. Chapter 12. Temperature Distributions with More than One Independent Variable. Chapter 13. Temperature Distributions in Turbulent Flow. Chapter 14. Interphase Transport in Nonisothermal Systems. Chapter 15. Macroscopic Balances for Nonisothermal Systems. Chapter 16. Energy Transport by Radiation. PART III: MASS TRANSPORT. Chapter 17. Diffusivity and the Mechanisms of Mass Transport. Chapter 18. Concentration Distributions in Solids and Laminar Flow. Chapter 19. Equations of Change for Multicomponent Systems. Chapter 20. Concentration Distributions with More than One Independent Variable. Chapter 21. Concentration Distributions in Turbulent Flow. Chapter 22. Interphase Transport in Nonisothermal Mixtures. Chapter 23. Macroscopic Balances for Multicomponent Systems. Chapter 24. Other Mechanisms for Mass Transport. Appendices. Appendix A. A Vector and Tensor Notation. Appendix B. Fluxes and the Equations of Change. Appendix C. Mathematical Topics. Appendix D. The Kinetic Theory of Gases. Appendix E. Tables for Prediction of Transport Properties. Appendix F. Constants and Conversion Factors. Notation. Author Index. Subject Index. About the Authors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Transport Phenomena" has been revised to include deeper and more extensive coverage of heat transfer, enlarged discussion of dimensional analysis, a new chapter on flow of polymers, systematic discussions of convective momentum, and energy. Topics also include mass transport, momentum transport and energy transport, which are presented at three different scales: molecular, microscopic and macroscopic. If this is your first look at Transport Phenomena you'll quickly learn that its balanced introduction to the subject of transport phenomena is the foundation of its long-standing success.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- R. Byron Bird, Warren E. Stewart, Edwin N. Lightfoot.