19th century British Library newspapers [electronic resource].
- [S.l.] : Gale Group
- [Pt. 1]
- Pt. 2
- Searchable full text of full runs of newspapers specially selected by the British Library to best represent nineteenth-century Britain. This new collection includes national and regional newspapers, as well as newspapers from: established country or university towns; the new industrial powerhouses of the manufacturing Midlands; and Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Special attention was paid to include newspapers that helped lead particular political or social movements such as Reform, Chartism, and Home Rule. Penny papers aimed at the working and clerical classes are also included.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Nineteenth century British Library newspapers
- British Library newspapers
- Vol/date range
- Launched in 2007.
- Title from masthead on database home page (viewed Nov. 21, 2007).
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.