Monterey Jazz Festival Collection
- Monterey Jazz Festival.
- Physical description
- ca. <121> linear feet (121 boxes)
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- The collection contains the archives of the Monterey Jazz Festival from 1958 to the present. It primarily consists of unpublished sound recordings and videos of festival concerts, and interviews and panel discussions in various formats, many of which are also available as digital sound and video files. Also included are a variety of recordings received with the collection that are not recordings from the festival itself, but instead feature content connected to the festival in some way, such as studio recordings of artists who performed at the festival, demo tapes for artists wishing to perform at the festival, or various recordings relating to festival founder Jimmy Lyons in some way. Some books, photographs, posters, programs, and other miscellaneous papers can also be found in the archives. The collection adds material every year.
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Title Variation
- MJF Collection
- Open for research; material must be requested at least two business days in advance of intended use. Contact the Archive for assistance.
- Permission to copy sound files in any form requires the written permission of the Artistic Director of the Monterey Jazz Festival (email@example.com). Distribution for commercial purposes is prohibited.