High time resolution astrophysics
- [New York?] : Springer, c2008.
- Physical description
- x, 349 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Astrophysics and space science library ; v. 351.
QB460 .H54 2008
- Unknown QB460 .H54 2008
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- - "AquEye", Cesare Barbieri, Department of Astronomy, University of Padova.- "FP7 and building the OPTICON proposal", John Davies, United Kingdom Astronomy Technology Centre, Edinburgh.- "ELT Design Study activities on Instrumentation", Sandro D'Odorico, European Southern Observatory.- "Quantum Optics in Astronomy", Dainis Dravins, Lund Observatory, Lund University.- "ULTRACAM", Vik Dhillon, Department of Physics & Astronomy, University of Sheffield.- "HTR in stellar pulsations", Simon Jeffery, Armagh Observatory, Northern Ireland.- " The OPTIMA photo-polarimeter", Gottfried Kanbach, Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics, Garching.- "Cataclysmic Variables", Stuart Littlefair, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, University of Sheffield.- "High Speed Optical Spectroscopy", Tom Marsh, Dept. of Physics, University of Warwick.- "Avalanche Photodiodes", Alan Morrison, - Quantum Electronics Research Group, University College Cork.- "FORS-2", Kieran O'Brien, European Southern Observatory. - "High Time Resolution Astrophysics with the Southern Large African Telescope", Darragh O'Donoghue, South African Large Telescope.- "Avalanche Photodiodes", Don Phelan, Dept. of Physics, National University of Ireland, Galway.- "GASP", Michael Redfern, Dept. of Physics, National University of Ireland, Galway.- "Transition-Edge Sensors for fast IR/Optical/UV spectrophotometry", Roger W. Romani, Department of Physics, Stanford University.- "HiTRI", Oliver Ryan, Dept. of Physics, National University of Ireland, Galway.- "High-speed optical observations of X-ray binaries", Tariq Shahbaz, Institiuto de Astrofisica de Canarias- "Science Overview: Pulsars", Andrew Shearer, Dept. of IT, National University of Ireland, Galway.- "High speed photon counting detector", Oswald Siegmund, Space Sciences Laboratory, University of California Berkeley.- "L3CCD's", Niall Smith, Astronomy and Instrumentation Group, Cork Institute of Technology.- "High Speed single photon Imaging with AApnCCDs", Lothar Strueder, Max Planck Institute, Semiconductor Laboratory.- "High speed photon counting detector", Barry Welsh, Space Sciences Laboratory, University of California Berkeley.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- [edited by] Don Phelan, Oliver Ryan, Andrew Shearer.
- Astrophysics and space science library ; v. 351
- "This volume was developed from the 2nd Galway workshop in High Time Resolution Astrophysics, held under the auspices of the OPTICON HTRA Network in June 2006"--P. vii.