Encyclopedia of analytical science [electronic resource]
- [2nd ed.]. - [Amsterdam ; Boston?] : Elsevier, c2005.
- The Encyclopedia of Analytical Science is designed to provide a detailed and comprehensive publication covering all facets of the science and practice of analysis. The 2nd ed. has been extensively revised in terms of the titles and content of the first edition, and includes comprehensive coverage of techniques used for the determination of specific elements, compounds and groups of compounds, in physical or biological matrices. It addresses applications of chemical analysis in all areas, ranging from such topics as medicine to environmental science, and geology to food science. Important characterisation techniques, such as microscopy and surface analysis are also included. The complete work consists of around 610 articles, each consisting of about 4000 words, figures and summary tables.
- Publication date
- editors-in-chief, Paul Worsfold, Alan Townshend, Colin Poole.
- Title from home page (viewed on Aug. 8, 2006).
- Access provided by Science Direct.
- Access limited to subscribers.
- File/Data Type
- Electronic text (abstracts in HTML; articles in PDF).
- Also issued in print.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.