Magnetic heterostructures : advances and perspectives in spinstructures and spintransport
- Berlin ; New York : Springer Verlag, c2008.
- Physical description
- x, 363 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Springer tracts in modern physics ; 227.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Modern Growth Problems and Growth Techniques (Hjorvarsson, Pentcheva).- Magnetic Anisotropy of Heterostructures (Farle, Lindner).- Exchange Bias Effect of Ferro-/Antiferromagnetic Heterostructures (Radu, Zabel).- Exchange Coupling in Magnetic Multilayers (Heinrich).- Proximity Effects in Ferromagnet/Superconductor Heterostructures (Efetov, Garifullin, Volkov, Westerholt).- Magnetic Tunnel Junctions (Reiss, Schmalhorst, Thomas, Hutten, Yuasa).- Ferromagnet/Semiconductor Heterostructures and Spininjection (Hofmann, Oestreich).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Heterostructures consist of combinations of different materials, which are in contact through at least one interface. Magnetic heterostructures combine different physical properties which do not exist in nature for example, semiconductors/ferromagnets, superconductors/ferromagnets, or ferromagnets/antiferromagnets. These combinations display new physical properties different from any single one of them. Interlayer exchange coupling, exchange bias, proximity effects, giant magneto-resistance, tunneling magneto-resistance, spin spininjection and spintransport are examples for new physical phenomena, which relay on the combination of various metal, semiconductor, and oxide layers. Heterostructures are generated by stack-wise deposition of these materials layers and by lateral structuring them via lithographic processes.This book provides the first comprehensive overview of an exciting and fast developing field of research, which has already resulted in numerous applications and is the basis for future spintronic devices.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- H. Zabel and S. D. Bader (Eds.).
- Title Variation
- Spinstructures and spintransport
- Springer tracts in modern physics, 0081-3869 ; v. 227
- Also available on the World Wide Web.