[Ken Ackerman Collection].
- Physical description
- 188 open reel tapes, 279 optical disc media, 4 audiocassettes (10 boxes)
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Recordings and dubs of radio broadcast performances of jazz music of the 1950s and 60s by artists such as Earl Hines, Louis Armstrong, Muggsy Spanier, Jack Teagarden, Harry James, Cal Tjader, and George Shearing at venues such as the Club Hangover in San Francisco, California; other West Coast recordings by Duke Ellington, Woody Herman and the JATP; and Ted Heath, Johnny Dankworth, Kenny Baker and others performing on the BBC. Additionally, there are cassette recordings and transcripts of Turk Murphy and George Avakian interviewing musician Sid Le Protti in the mid-1950s.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Title Variation
- Ackerman Collection
- Open for research; material must be requested at least two business days in advance of intended use. Contact the Archive for assistance.
- The Ken Ackerman Collection was donated to the Stanford Archive of Recorded Sound by William Carter in November 2007.