Transforming schools--empowering children
- Kapur, Arun, 1954-
- New Delhi ; Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, 2007.
- Physical description
- xxi, 253 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
LB41 .K37 2007
- Unknown LB41 .K37 2007
- Includes bibliographical references.
- The Purpose of Schools Learning Curriculum Assessment Holistic Learning Technology Teachers Teacher Curriculum Lesson Planning Teaching for Diversity and Inclusion Parents Management Leadership.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book facilitates a dialogue about teaching and learning in the school environment with an understanding that the art and practice of teaching needs to keep pace with emerging demands and challenges. The perspectives presented give readers a fresh understanding of everyday concerns and introduce new thoughts on the concept of learning. In addition to outlining the characteristics of a great school, this book provides concrete tools and resources for directing a school on its journey, providing as it does a growth plan for all stakeholders - students, teachers, administrators and parents. Some of the issues discussed include: rationale and purpose of a school; curriculum design; models of assessment; impact of technology; teacher training; leadership and management; individualized learning; and inclusive education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Arun Kapur.