Essential creativity in the classroom : inspiring kids
- Thorne, Kaye.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2007.
- Physical description
- x, 174 p. ; 20 cm.
LB1062 .T46 2007
- Unknown LB1062 .T46 2007
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -169) and index.
- Essential Creativity in the Classroom Introduction Chapter 1: Daring to be Different - The Key to Creativity and Innovation Innovation Supporting creativity and innovation Characteristics of creative and innovative organisations Chapter 2: What's it really like to be creative? What is creativity? What is the hardest part of being creative? What is the most rewarding part of being creative? What do you need to do to help children make the most of their creativity? What do you need to do to make the most of your creativity? Chapter 3: The Creativity Power House Developing creativity Making learning a real experience How do children prefer to learn? Using the whole brain Multiple intelligences Seven da vincian principles Encouraging curiosity Emotional intelligence Chapter 4: Unlocking the windows of the mind-how to create an inspiring learning environment Why is creativity important? How can this be applied in the classroom? Tools and techniques Positive Thinking Visualization So what else can teachers do to stimulate children's creativity? Creativity in Practice Chapter 5: Coaching conversations Everyone is different What is coaching? Coaching Techniques The Teacher as Coach Key stages in Coaching The Teacher as Coach Profile Chapter 6: " Rage to Learn" Supporting Gifted Children Who is that child? Being original How to create an environment to support giftedness Individual support Inclusion Transitional Stages Discretionary Contribution Checklist in how to help support gifted children: Chapter 7: Building self-esteem Building self esteem Paradigm Shift Helping individuals to believe in themselves How to develop others Chapter 8: Creativity and Blended Learning What is Blended Learning? Why is blended learning important? Identifying online learning So how can blended learning support creativity? Chapter 9 Creativity and Employment Career's Advice Supporting a young person in making career choices Creating the Brand 'Me' What are the motivations for young people seeking work? Enterprise and entrepreneurship Chapter 10: Fulfilling Your Creative Potential 'What are the best conditions that help you to be creative/innovative? Identifying sources of inspiration Idea Generation How confident are you? A little bit of magic! Chapter 11: Doing it Differently-- How to Enrich Your Life Self Knowledge Putting self-knowledge into practice Achieving a balance How I enrich my life is about! Chapter 12: Sources of support Contacts, sources of support and sources of inspiration. Recommended Reading.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Essential Creativity" is about giving all children the opportunity to fulfil their potential. It is about developing real partnerships between parents, teachers, businesses and the community, identifying best practice, finding teachers that are inspiring and schools that are committed to providing a special learning experience. This is a book to inspire, excite and stimulate creative approaches to learning. Without creativity, we have no real innovation; we need people who are capable of thinking crazy, out of the box thoughts; we need people who shake us out of complacency. This book covers in detail topics such as: What do teachers need to do to help children make the most of their creativity? How do children prefer to learn? What can teachers do to stimulate children's creativity? It also covers: building self-esteem, helping individuals to believe in themselves; and supporting a young person in making creative career choices. Packed with proven practical advice this dip-in guide identifies the best ways of supporting pupils as they navigate their exciting journey through a world of learning and discovery.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Kaye Thorne.