Comparative education : the dialectic of the global and the local
- 3rd ed.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, c2007.
- Physical description
- vi, 419 p. ; 26 cm.
LB43 .C68 2007
LB43 .C68 2007
- Unavailable LB43 .C68 2007
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Reframing comparative education : the dialectic of the global and the local / Robert F. Arnove
- Technocracy, uncertainty, and ethics : comparative education in an era of postmodernity and globalization / Anthony Welch
- Institutionalizing international influence / Joel Samoff
- The state, social movements, and educational reform / Raymond A. Morrow and Carlos Alberto Torres
- Culture and education / Vandra Lea Masemann
- The question of identity from a comparative education perspective / Christine Fox
- Equality of education : a half-century of comparative evidence seen from a new millennium / Joseph P. Farrell
- Women's education in the twenty-first century : balance and prospects / Nelly P. Stromquist
- Control of education : issues and tensions in centralization and decentralization / Mark Bray
- Beyond schooling : the role of adult and community education in postcolonial change / Anne Hickling-Hudson
- The political economy of educational reform in Australia, England, and the United States / Edward H. Berman ... [et al.]
- Higher education restructuring in the era of globalization : toward a heteronomous model? / Daniel Schugurensky
- Education in Latin America : dependency, underdevelopment, and inequality / Robert F. Arnove, Stephen Franz, and Carlos Alberto Torres
- Education in Asia : globalization and its effects / John N. Hawkins
- Education in the Middle East : challenges and opportunities / Rachel Christina with Golnar Mehran and Shabana Mir
- Russia and Eastern Europe / Maria Bucur and Ben Eklof
- Education for all in Africa : still a distant dream / Joel Samoff with Bidemi Carrol
- Comparative education : the dialectics of globalization and its discontents / Carlos Alberto Torres.
- Publisher's Summary
- Comparative Education examines the common problems facing education systems around the world as the result of global economic, social, and cultural forces. Issues related to the governance, financing, provision, processes, and outcomes of education systems for differently situated social groups are described and analyzed in specific regional, national, and local contexts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- [edited by] Robert F. Arnove and Carlos Alberto Torres.