The future of food [videorecording]
- Special ed. - [United States] : Arts Alliance America : Distributred by Warner, Elektra, Atlantic Corp., 
- Physical description
- 2 videodiscs (88 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Documents the trend of unlabeled genetically-modified foods which have become increasingly prevalent in grocery stores. Unravels the complex web of market and political forces that are changing the nature of what we eat. Explores organic and sustainable agriculture as alternatives to large-scale industrial agriculture.
- Supplemental links
- Genetically modified foods.
- Agricultural biotechnology.
- Agriculture > Economic aspects.
- Agriculture > Environmental aspects.
- Agriculture and politics.
- Agriculture and state.
- Food supply > Government policy.
- Organic farming.
- Sustainable agriculture.
- Food law and legislation > United States.
- Release date
- Production date
- directed, produced, and written by Deborah Koons Garcia ; produced by Catherine Lynn Butler.
- Title Variation
- Title appears in credits as: Lily Films presents The future of food
- Title appears on container as: Morgan Spurlock presents The future of food
- Originally produced in 2004.
- Special features: disc 1. Addition interviews. disc 2. Farmers' portraits, Community supported agriculture, Farmers' markets, Seed saving, Kids and fresh food, Michael Pollan on the cost of food, GE free recipes, Take action toolkit and web resource.
- Interviews with: Andrew Kimbrell, Dr. Charles M. Benbrook, Dr. Ignacio Chapela, Dr. Fred Kirschenmann, Percy Schmeiser, Rodney Nelson, Dave Henson, Dr. Jorge Soberon, Dr. Exeduiel Ezcurra ; narrator, Sara Maamouri.
- DVD (NTSC, region 1); widescreen.
- Publisher Number
- 670402 Arts Alliance America