Electronic atomic and molecular calculations : applying the generator coordinate method
- Trsic, Milan.
- 1st ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 2007.
- Physical description
- xiv, 306 p. ; ill. ; 25 cm.
- Silva, Alberico Borges Ferreira da.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The Generator Coordinate Method (GCM) is a mathematical tool for the understanding of stable atomic nuclei. "Electronic, Atomic and Molecular Calculations" is designed to assist scientists applying GCM in the analysis of the electronic structure of atoms and molecules. There have been numerous publications covering nuclear physics and electronic structure of atoms and molecules, but this book is unique in the sense that it specifically addresses the application of GCM for such purposes. Using this book, researchers will be able to understand and calculate the electronic structure in a novel manner. It is the only book that covers the Generator Coordinate Method and applications for atoms, molecules and nuclei. It clearly describes how the GCM can be used as a powerful tool for design of atomic basis sets. It reviews current literature on GCM in atomic and molecular fields and a large part of the literature of the method in nuclear physics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Milan Trsic and Albérico B.F. da Silva.