The five literacies of global leadership : what authentic leaders know and you need to find out
- Hames, Richard David, 1945-
- Chichester, West Sussex, England ; Hoboken, NJ : Jossey-Bass, c2007.
- Physical description
- xxvii, 356 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 341-345) and index.
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS.FOREWORD.INTRODUCTION.PART ONE: MESSY BUSINESS.1 The Matrix.Looking Outside-In.Looking Inside-Out.Notes.2 Entangled Freedom.World on Edge.Imagine There's No Country.The Tyranny of Intimacy.Notes.3 Cathedrals and Cafes.Net Influence.Treading Water.Eyes on the Ball.Che sera, sera! Whatever will be, will be.From Atoms to Ecosystems.Bazaars, Brains, Brands and Brakes.Symbiotic Design.Who's in Charge Anyway?Missed Steps in the Dance.Liberating Enterprise.Network Mastery.Participative Architectures.Closer than Close.Networks, Narratives and Navigation.Notes.PART TWO: CHANGING MINDS.4 Certainty Traps.All Change.Notes.5 Reinventing the Present.Notes.6 Responsiveness Rules.Notes.7 Click!Notes.PART THREE: THE FIVE LITERACIES.8 Literacy I - Networked Intelligence.Catching the Future.Zero Geography.Infolust.And Citizens?Designing Viability.Notes.9 Literacy II - Futuring.Thinking Matters.Deep Structural Patterns.And Yet Still Deeper...Views from the Future.Notes.10 Literacy III - Strategic Navigation.Planning in Real Time.Imitating Nature.Strategic Activism.Exit the White Knight.(Re)defining Management.(RAISE)ing Consciousness.Navigating Emergence.Upgrading Thinking...ChangeBrains and Strategic Decision Theatres.Notes.11 Literacy IV - Deep Design.Bits and Pieces We Pay For.The Vital Stuff (Or Method).Using Knowledge Designer.The Art of Strategic Conversation.Seeing Through Another's Eyes.Growing Coherence.Integrating Multiple Perspectives.Operationalising Deep Design.Notes.12 Literacy V - Brand Resonance.Markets are Conversations.Brand New World.Wild about Work.Notes.PART FOUR: ESCAPE VELOCITY.13 Cracking the Code.Notes.FURTHER READING.INDEX.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- New research has exposed our leadership paradigm as a outdated mess of flawed models and practices. By working with great leaders and observing their common attitudes and behaviours, Richard Hames has cracked a universal code based on intelligence, appreciation and collaboration. This code unlocks "Five Literacies of Global Leadership" - these behaviours are the trade secrets of the artists and alchemists among us. Often instinctively, these leaders charge others with energy, search for new perspectives and embrace diversity. And they are driven by dialogue. This book reveals approaches and attitudes that they all share - and that can make anyone an exceptional leader.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Richard David Hames.