Ultrafast optics V
- New York : Springer, c2007.
- Physical description
- xxxvii, 562 p. : ill. ; 24 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 132
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I Attosecond metrology: Progress in attosecond metrology.- Attosecond dynamics of electron wave packets in intense laser fields.- Part II Attosecond high harmonic generation: Attosecond Pulse Characterization by XUV Nonlinear Optics..- Spectral interference of attosecond light pulses.- Frequency Resolved Autocorrelation Measurement for Characterization of an Attoseconod Pulse Train.- Characterization of attosecond pulse trains.- Part III Carrier-Envelop Phase I: High-harmonic generation at 100 MHz repetition frequency using a femtosecond enhancement cavity.- Effects of the carrier-envelope phase in the multiphoton ionization regime.- Carrier-envelope phase detection by interference between surface harmonics..- Coherent control by carrier-envelope phase in an optical poling process.- Phase-Coherent Spectrum from Ultrabroadband Ti:sapphire and Cr:forsterite Lasers Covering the Visible to the Infrared.- Part IV Carrier-Envelop Phase II: Coherent synthesis of multicolor femtosecond pulses.- Quasi-synchronous pumping of mode-locked few-cycle Titanium Sapphire lasers.- Ultrasimple Ultrabroadband Alignment-Free Ultrashort Pulse Measurement Device.- Measurement of Group Velocity Distortion Due to Ultrafast Index of Refraction Transients.- Frequency-domain phase conjugator for a few-cycle and a few-nJ optical pulses.- Part V High field physics and applications I: Relativistic Optics: A new Route to Attosecond Physics And Relativistic Engineering.- Electron acceleration under strong radiation damping.- Monoenergetic electron acceleration in a high-density plasma produced by an intense laser pulse.- Part VI X-ray plasma sources and applications: Femtosecond time-resolved X-ray diffraction for laser excited CdTe crystal.- Femtosecond-laser-induced ablation of an aluminum target probed by space- and time-resolved soft x-ray absorption spectroscopy.- Observation of ultrafast bond-length expansion at the initial stage of laser ablation by picosecond time-resolved EXAFS.- Part VII Poster Session: The Ehrenfest Theorem and Quantitative Predictions of HHG based on the Three-Step-Model.- Modelling of Ni-like Molybdenum X-ray laser.- Enhancement and spatial characteristics of Ka X-ray emission from high contrast relativistic fs laser plasmas.- Optical-field ionization by femtosecond laser pulses of time-dependent polarization.- Transient optical susceptibility induced by nonperturbative rotational wave packets.- THz wave generation and detection system using ~1000 nm Yb-doped fiber laser.- Cavity-Enhanced Optical Parametric Chirped-Pulse Amplification.- Measuring Spatio-Temporal Distortions with GRENOUILLE.- First-order spatio-temporal distortions of Gaussian pulses and beams.- Characterization of femtosecond optical pulses with wavelet-transform of spectral shearing interferogram.- Water vapor absorption spectroscopy in terahertz range using wavelet-transform analysis.- Some newly developed crystals for measurement of ultrafast laser pulses by second harmonic generation.- Part VIII High field physics and applications II: Intensity scalings of attosecond pulse generation by the relativistic-irradiance laser pulses.- Observation of thin-foil preformed plasmas with a relativistic-intensity ultra-short pulse laser by means of two-color interferometer.- Part IX THz and Nonlinear processes I: Generation of ultra-smooth broadband spectra by gain-assisted self-phase modulation in a Ti:sapphire laser.- Part X THz and Nonlinear processes II: Terahertz (THz) Pigtail Assembly Utilizing a Lens Duct for Effective Coupling of THz Radiation into Teflon Photonic Crystal Fiber Waveguide.- Terahertz Radiation from Photoconductive Switch Fabricated from a Zinc Oxide Single Crystal.- Action Spectra of GaAs/AlGaAs Multiple Quantum Wells Exhibiting Terahertz Emission Peak at Excitation Energies Below the Bandgap.- Ultrabroadband detection of terahertz radiation from 0.1 to 100 THz with photoconductive antenna.- Improvement of the photoluminescence decay response characteristics of an oxide-confined vertical cavity surface emitting laser probed by femtosecond laser pulses. -Part XI X-ray lasers: Investigations on a Soft X-Ray Laser in the GRIP Geometry.- Part XII High intensity lasers and applications: Characterization of a 1020 W/cm2 peak-intensity by focusing wavefront-corrected 100-TW, 10-Hz laser pulses.- Shaping Ultrafast Laser Pulses with Transient Optical Media.- Part XIII Atoms and molecules in high field: Quantum interference in aligned molecules.- Ellipticity dependence of high-order harmonics generated in aligned molecules.- Dissociative Ionization of Ethanol Using 400nm and 800nm Femtosecond Laser Pulses.- Coincidence momentum imaging of two-body and three-body Coulomb explosion of ethanol in intense laser fields.- Temporal coherent control of two-photon ionization by a sequence of ultrashort laser pulses.- 100-attosecond synchronization of two-color mode-locked lasers by use of optical phase-locking.- Complete automatic phase compensation for the generation of a-few-cycle pulses.- Carbon nanotube based saturable absorber mirrors and their application to ultrashort pulse-generation.- Generation of extreme ultraviolet continuum radiation driven by sub-10-fs two-color field.- Ultrawideband regenerative amplifiers via intracavity acousto-optic programmable gain control.- Demonstration of pulse switching with >1011 prepulse contrast by cascaded optical parametric amplification.- Part XIV High-order harmonic generation: Generation of exceptionally strong harmonics from He in an orthogonally polarized two-color laser field.- Single-shot Measurement of Fringe Visibility of 13-nm High-order Harmonic.- High-order harmonic generation from the laser plasma produced on the surface of solid targets.- Scaling of keV HHG photon yield with drive wavelength.- Self-compression of an ultraviolet optical pulse assisted by Raman coherence induced in the transient regime.- Part XV Ultrafast amplifier: Generation of high-energy few-cycle pulses by filament compression.- High average power, 7.5-fs blue source at 5 kHz.- Downchirped regenerative amplification of femtosecond laser pulses at 100 kHz repetition rate.- Temporal contrast enhanced to 10-10 for Petawatt class femtosecond lasers.- Part XVI OPCPA: Infrared optical parametric chirped pulse amplifier for high harmonic generation.- Double-passed, high-energy, quasi-phase-matched optical parametric chirped-pulse amplifier.- Control of amplified optical parametric fluorescence in hybrid chirped-pulse amplification.- Optical Synchronization for OPCPA Chains.- OPCPA systems for the amplification of ultrashort pulses up to the mJ level.- A novel method of ultrabroad band (White-light) femtosecond optical parametric amplification.- Study of optical parametric chirped pulse amplification at 1064 nm and 780 nm.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book brings together in a single volume the most up-to-date results in the field presented at Ultrafast Optics and Applications of High Field and Short Wavelength Sources 2005. The volume contains keynote and invited contributions together with carefully selected regular contributions. The book aims at the highest level of presentation to make it useful as a reference for those working in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Shuntaro Watanabe, Katsumi Midorikawa (editors).
- "The contributions were solicited from the participants of the Joint Conference on Ultrafast Optics V and Applications of High Field and Short Wavelength Sources XI, Nara, Japan, September 2005"--p. v.