The anime encyclopedia : a guide to Japanese animation since 1917
- Clements, Jonathan, 1971-
- Rev. & expanded ed. - Berkeley, Calif. : Stone Bridge Press, c2006.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 867 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- McCarthy, Helen, 1951-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 755-756) and indexes.
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a long-awaited, fully detailed and updated guide to Japanese animation since 1917 is required reading for every fan, collector and moviegoer! Covering more than 80 years of anime history and over 3,000 titles, the authors show how the anime universe has influenced creative cultures far beyond its native Japanese shores. The anime scene has exploded into pop culture throughout the West, coming out of the peripheral world of comic-conventions and "otaku" obsession to become a mainstream phenomenon. All you ever wanted to know, "The Anime Encyclopedia" is the definitive, up-to-the-minute guide for Anime and Manga fans and the absolute authority on anime!.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Jonathan Clements, Helen McCarthy.
- Previous ed.: 2001.