- Publication date:
- New York : Peter Lang, c2006.
- xxxi, 350 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -346) and index.
- From victory to defeat
- The Great War and the fight between good and evil : the birth of war propaganda
- The good fight : from the first draft to the grand narrative
- The Korean War : remembering the forgotten
- Vietnam : shattered illusions
- Eyes wide shut : the not-so-secret wars of Central America and the Caribbean
- Visions of instability : telling stories on television news
- The problem of seeing and believing : empathy, denial and war's human costs
- The office of public diplomacy : creating fear and favor
- Invading Grenada : Entebbe-style rescue, or the first preemptive strike?
- Oliver North : the war hero and the scandal
- Dover Air Force Base, press pools and the Panama invasion
- The first Persian Gulf war : the battle over access, video game imagery and smart bombs
- Trading the first amendment to defeat the "Vietnam syndrome"
- Consuming the Persian Gulf War : from baby incubators to patriot missiles
- CNN : 24 hours of war
- How the war was remembered : from Courage under fire to Saving Private Ryan
- Terrorism, censorship and patriotism : re-scripting victory culture
- From tragedy to war after 9/11
- Black Hawk down : the new logics of war and representation
- The Iraq "reality" war : embeds and militainment
- The military-entertainment complex : permanent war and the digital spectacular
- Of smart weapons, civilian casualties and the crimes of war : the whole world (except the United States) is watching
- The "entertainer-in chief" and the Downing Street memos
- The unraveling : the ghost of Vietnam and the soldiers "over there."