WACK! : art and the feminist revolution
- Los Angeles : Museum of Contemporary Art ; Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, c2007.
- Physical description
- 511 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
The Art & Architecture Library is closed July 25 - Sept. 9 during its relocation to the new McMurtry Building. The collection is not accessible during this period. Please contact Interlibrary Borrowing to obtain this title.
N72 .F45 W33 2007
N72 .F45 W33 2007
- Unknown N72 .F45 W33 2007
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Art and feminism : an ideology of shifting criteria / Cornelia Butler
- Artist biographies
- Chronology through cartography : mapping 1970s feminist art globally / Marsha Meskimmon
- The woman who never was : self-representation, photography, and first-wave feminist art / Abigail Solomon-Godeau
- The returns of touch : feminist performances, 1960-80 / Peggy Phelan
- Hard targets : male bodies, feminist art, and the force of censorship in the 1970s / Richard Meyer
- Voices and images of Italian feminism / Judith Russi Kirshner
- Abundant evidence : Black women artists of the 1960s and 70s / Valerie Smith
- Fugitive identities and dissenting code-systems : women artists during the military dictatorship in Chile / Nelly Richard
- Painting with ambivalence / Helen Molesworth
- Their memory is playing tricks on her : notes toward a calligraphy of rage / Catherine Lord
- The feminist nomad : the all-women group show / Jenni Sorkin
- Selected chronology of all-women group exhibitions, 1943-83.
- Publication date
- organized by Cornelia Butler ; essays by Cornelia Butler ... [et al.] ; edited by Lisa Gabrielle Mark.
- "Accompanies the exhibition "WACK! Art and the feminist revolution, " organized by Cornelia Butler and presented at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, 4 March-16 July 2007"--T.p. verso.