New topics in condensed matter research
- New York : Nova Science Publishers, c2007.
- Physical description
- x, 219 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
QC173.456 .N49 2007
- Unknown QC173.456 .N49 2007
- Chang, John V.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface-- Structure and Properties of the E?e Jahn-Teller Polaron-- GaN-Based Spintronics-- The new Compound YBaCo4O7 and its Homologues Exhibiting Strong Magnetic Frustration-- The Non-linear Dynamics of 1D Classical Magnetic Systems Revisited-- Anisotropic Domain Walls in Magnetic Nanostructures with Perpendicular Anisotropy-- The Use of Polarised Neutrons in Condensed Matter Research in Australia-- Solid State Cathodoluminescence-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Condensed matter is one of the most active fields of physics, with a stream of discoveries in areas from superfluidity and magnetism to the optical, electronic and mechanical properties of materials such as semiconductors, polymers and carbon nanotubes. It includes the study of well-characterised solid surfaces, interfaces and nanostructures as well as studies of molecular liquids (molten salts, ionic solutions, liquid metals and semiconductors) and soft matter systems (colloidal suspensions, polymers, surfactants, foams, liquid crystals, membranes, biomolecules etc) including glasses and biological aspects of soft matter. This book presents state-of-the-art research in this exciting field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- John V. Chang, editor.
- Cover incorrectly cites Louis R. Velle as editor.