Quantum decoherence : Poincaré Seminar 2005
- Poincaré Seminar (8th : 2005 : Institut Henri Poincaré)
- Basel ; Boston : Birkhäuser, c2007.
- Physical description
- viii, 192 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Progress in mathematical physics v. 48.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface.- Decoherence and the Transition from Quantum to Classical - Revisited.- Monitoring the Decoherence of Mesoscopic Quantum Superpositions in a Cavity.- Dynamical Consequences of Strong Entanglement.- Decoherence of a Quantum Bit Circuit.- Approaches to Quantum Error Correction.- Roots and Fruits of Decoherence.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Poincare Seminar is held twice a year at the Institute Henri Poincare in Paris. The goal of this seminar is to provide up-to-date information about general topics of great interest in physics. Both the theoretical and experimental results are covered, with some historical background. Particular care is devoted to the pedagogical nature of the presentation. This volume is devoted to Quantum Decoherence. A broad perspective on the subject is provided by the contributions of W. H. Zurek, H. D. Zeh and E. Joos, together with clean up-to-date presentations of the actual experiments on decoherence both in the mesoscopic systems of atomic physics, by J.M. Raimond and S. Haroche, and in the "quantronic" or condensed matter context, by D. Esteve et al. Further, the question of quantum codes and error corrections is discussed in the contribution of J. Kempe.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Bertrand Duplantier, Jean Michel Raimond, Vincent Rivasseau, editors.
- Title Variation
- Poincaré Seminar 2005
- Progress in mathematical physics ; v. 48
- Proceedings of the 8th seminar held in 2005 at the Institut Henri Poincaré in Paris.