Richard Finnie Collection
- Physical description
- 315 open reel tapes ; 2 boxes of slides (8 boxes)
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online
- Open reel tapes recorded by Richard Finnie, including Bechtel Corporation film soundtrack material featuring traditional music and sound effects from Asia, the Middle East, and elsewhere, and broadcasts and live performances of classical music, jazz, folk, and other types of music.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Title Variation
- Finnie Collection
- Richard Sterling Finnie Collection
- Open for research; material must be requested at least two business days in advance of intended use. Contact the Archive for assistance.
- The Richard Finnie Collection was donated to the Stanford Archive of Recorded Sound by Anne Ackerman Finnie in 1987.
- The Archive of Recorded Sound separately houses approximately sixty instantaneous discs recorded by Finnie, some of which are the original sources for tapes in this collection. Stanford University Special Collections holds the Richard Sterling Finnie Papers, 1945-1967 (M0694), which is focused primarily on Bechtel and also contains a variety of audiovisual media. The National Archives of Canada holds the Richard Sterling Finnie Fonds, 1890-1987.