Arctic & antarctic regions [electronic resource].
- College Park, Md. : National Information Services Corp., c1989-
- Physical description
- CD-ROMs ; 4 3/4 in. + user manual
- "Arctic & Antarctic Regions (AAR) is the world's largest collection of international polar databases. Coverage is multidisciplinary. A wide variety of sources are indexed including: scientific periodicals, monographs, proceedings of conferences and symposia, government reports, theses, dissertations, and books. Many are indexed only in AAR -- the best resource for research on cold regions anywhere, from temperate regions with cold winters to the Himalayas of Tibet."--NISC product factsheet.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Arctic and antarctic regions
- Vol/date range
- NISC AAR19890501-
- "NISC disc."
- "Software by Dataware."
- System requirements: CD-ROM drive with MS-DOS CD-ROM extensions; IBM PC, XT, AT, PS/2 Model 30 or other compatible with DOS 3.1 or greater; 512K RAM (minimum); IBM AT, 80286 or 80386 class microprocessor recommended.
- Disk characteristics: CD-ROM.
- Description based on surrogate.
- First issue also called: 1950-May 1989.
- Also available on the Internet via the World Wide Web to institutions with a site license.
- "Worldwide collection of cold regions research compiled by the Library of Congress, Science and Technology Division."
- Related Items
- "Records include 40 years of publications from Bibliography on cold regions science and technology, and 27 years of publications from Antarctic bibliography."
- Available online to Stanford-affiliated users.
- Key Title
- Arctic & antarctic regions