- Publication date:
- 4th ed. - Westport, CT : Praeger Publishers, 2006.
- xvii, 779 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Perspectives on the evolution and future of educational measurement
- Robert L. Brennan
- Validation / Michael T. Kane
- Reliability / Edward H. Haertel
- Item response theory / Wendy M. Yen and Anne R. Fitzpatrick
- Scaling and norming / Michael J. Kolen
- Linking and equating / Paul W. Holland and Neil J. Dorans
- Test fairness / Gregory Camilli
- Cognitive psychology and educational assessment / Robert J. Mislevy
- Test development / Cynthia B. Schmeiser and Catherine J. Welch
- Test administration, security, scoring, and reporting / Allan S. Cohen and James A. Wollack
- Performance assessment / Suzanne Lane and Clement A. Stone
- Setting performance standards / Ronald K. Hambleton and Mary J. Pitoniak
- Technology and testing / Fritz Drasgow, Richard M. Luecht, and Randy E. Bennett
- Old, borrowed and new thoughts in second language testing / Micheline Chalhoub-Deville and Craig Deville
- Testing for accountability in K-12 / Daniel M. Koretz and Laura S. Hamilton
- Standardized assessment of individual achievement in K-12 / Steve Ferrara and Gerald E. DeMauro
- Classroom assessment / Lorrie A. Shepard
- Higher education admissions testing / Rebecca Zwick
- Monitoring educational progress with group-score assessments / John Mazzeo, Stephen Lazer, and Michael J. Zieky
- Testing for licensure and certification in the professions / Brian E. Clauser, Melissa J. Margolis, and Susan M. Case
- Legal and ethical issues / S.E. Phillips and Wayne J. Camara.
- Publisher's Summary:
"Educational Measurement" has been the bible in its field since the first edition was published by ACE in 1951. This most recent edition of "Educational Measurement" provides extensive updates and extensions of the topics treated in the previous three editions. The volume documents progress in the field and provides critical guidance to new generations of researchers and practitioners. This work provides in-depth treatments of critical measurement topics, and the authors are acknowledged experts in their respective fields.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Brennan, Robert L.
National Council on Measurement in Education.
American Council on Education.
ACE/Praeger series on higher education
American Council on Education/Praeger series on higher education.