Astrophysical disks : collective and stochastic phenomena
- Dordrecht : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- xvi, 351 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Astrophysics and space science library ; v. 337.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface.-Part I, Invited Papers.- The Over-Reflection Instability: Myth or Reality.-Chaotic and Ordered Structures in the Developed Turbulence.- Internal Structure of Thin Accretion Disks.-Disc Formation in Binary be Stars.-Accretion Disks Around Black Holes with Account of Magnetic Fields.-Supercritical Accretion Disk in SS433.-Galactic Vortices.-Spiral Perturbations in Disk Galaxies Observed in NIR.-The Role of Ordered and Chaotic Motion in N-body Models of Elliptical Galaxies Models.-Part II, Oral Contributions.-Morphology of the Interaction between the Stream and Cool Accretion Disc in Semidetached Binaries.-Computer Modeling of Non-Stationary Gas Quasi-Keplerian Disk.-3D Structure of Gaseous Disks in Spiral Galaxies.-Hydrodynamical Turbulence in Accretion Discs.-2D-Simulations of Subcritical and Supercritical Disks Arround Black Holes.-Separate Circumnuclear Stellar and Gaseous Disks in Disk Galaxies.-Bending Instability Galaxies: The Stellar Disk Thickness and the Mass of Spheroidal Component.-Disk-to-halo Mass Ratio Evaluations Based on teh Numerical Models of Collisionless Disks.-Part II, Posters.-Global Irregularities of Spiral Patterns in Galaxies: Manifestation of Hydrodynamic Instabilities?.-The Morphology of Gaseous Flows in Z and in the Active State.-Self-Consistent Gas and Stellar Dynamics of Disk Galaxies: A Problem of Dark Mass.-Numirical Simulations of Expanding Shock Waves in the Young Stars Objects.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The book deals with collective and stochastic processes in astrophysical disks involving theory, observations, and the results of modelling. Among others, it examines the spiral-vortex structure in galactic and accretion disks, stochastic and ordered structures in the developed turbulence. It also describes sources of turbulence in the accretion disks, internal structure of disk in the vicinity of a black hole, numerical modelling of envelopes in binaries, gaseous disks in spiral galaxies with shock waves formation, observation of accretion disks in a binary system and mass distribution of luminous matter in disk galaxies. The editors adeptly brought together collective and stochastic phenomena in the modern field of astrophysical disks, their formation, structure, and evolution involving the methodology to deal with, the results of observation and modelling, thereby advancing the study in this important branch of astrophysics and benefiting professional researchers, lecturers, and graduate students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Alexei M. Fridman, Mikhail Ya. Marov and Ilya G. Kovalenko.
- Astrophysics and space science library ; v. 337
- "... the Colloquium 'Progress in the Study of Astrophysical Disks: Collective and Stochastic Phenomena and Computational Tools' ... was held from September 9 to 11, 2003 in Volgograd, south-east of European Russia."--Preface.