- Publication date:
- 2nd ed. - Mahwah, N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum, 2006.
- xx, 1055 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
1st ed. edited by: David C. Berliner and Robert C. Calfee.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Educational psychology: searching for essence throughout a century of influence / David C. Berliner
- Educational psychology in the 21st century / Robert Calfee
- Conceptual confusion and educational psychology / Eric Bredo
- Academic pathways from preschool through elementary school / Scott G. Paris, Fred J. Morrison, and Kevin F. Miller
- Development during early and middle adolescence / Allan Wigfield, James P. Byrnes, and Jacquelynne S. Eccles
- Adult development, schooling, and the transition to work / M. Cecil Smith, Thomas G. Reio, Jr
- Individual differences in cognitive function / Phillip L. Ackerman, David F. Lohman
- Models of personality and affect for education: a review and synthesis / Gerald Matthews, Moshe Zeidner, and Richard D. Roberts
- Cognitive profiling of children with genetic disorders and the search for a scientific basis of differentiated education / Douglas Fuchs
- Learning theories and education: toward a decade of synergy / John Bransford ... [et al.]
- Knowledge: structures and processes / Gregory Schraw
- Cognitive strategies instruction: from basic research to classroom instruction / Michael Pressley, Karen R. Harris
- Problem solving / Richard E. Mayer, Merlin C. Wittrock
- Changing knowledge and beliefs / P. Karen Murphy, Lucia Mason
- Classrooms as contexts for motivating learning / Nancy E. Perry, Julianne C. Turner, and Debra K. Meyer
- Competence and control beliefs: distinguishing the means and ends / Dale H. Schunk, Barry J. Zimmerman
- Goals, values, and affect: influences on student motivation / Eric M. Anderman, Christopher A. Wolters
- Self and identity processes in school motivation, learning, and achievement / Robert W. Roeser, Stephen C. Peck, and Nailah Suad Nasir
- Teaching and learning in reading / Donna Alvermann, Michele Simpson, and Jill Fitzgerald
- Writing / Steve Graham
- Mathematics teaching and learning / Alan H. Schoenfeld
- Science education: integrating views of learning and instruction / Marcia C. Linn, Bat-Sheva Eylon
- Learning and teaching social studies: a review of cognitive research in history and geography / Bruce VanSledright, Margarita Limón
- Second language learning: issues in research and teaching / Amado M. Padilla
- Social cultural perspectives in educational psychology / Jack Martin
- Ethnicity, learning / Lynn Okagaki
- Assessing gender gaps in learning and academic achievement / Diane F. Halpern
- Sense of belonging, social bonds, and school functioning / Jaana Juvonen
- Cultural conceptions of learning and development / Patricia M. Greenfield ... [et al.]
- Education for the knowledge age: design-centered models of teaching and instruction / Carl Bereiter, Marlene Scardamalia
- Teacher knowledge and beliefs / Anita Woolfolk Hoy, Heather Davis, and Stephen J. Pape
- The design of powerful learning environments / Ton de Jong, Jules Pieters
- Observational research on generic aspects of classroom teaching / Jere Brophy
- The role of peers and group learning / Angela M. O'Donnell
- Teaching and learning in technology-rich environments / Susanne P. Lajoie, Roger Azevedo
- Methodological issues in educational psychology / John C. Nesbit, Allyson F. Hadwin
- Research questions and research designs / Harris Cooper
- The art of statistics: a survey of modern techniques / Daniel B. Wright
- Frames of inquiry in educational psychology: beyond the quantitative-qualitative divide / Deborah L. Butler
- Developments in assessment of student learning / Kadriye Ercikan
- Assessment of teacher learning and development / Carol Kehr Tittle.
- Publisher's Summary:
The Second Edition of this groundbreaking book has been expanded to 41 chapters that provide unparalleled coverage of this far-ranging field. Internationally recognized scholars contribute up-to-date reviews and critical syntheses of the following areas: foundations and the future of educational psychology; learners' development; individual differences; cognition; motivation; content area teaching; socio-cultural perspectives on teaching and learning; teachers and teaching; instructional design; teacher assessment; and modern perspectives on research methodologies, data, and data analysis. New chapters cover topics such as adult development, self-regulation, changes in knowledge and beliefs, and writing. Expanded treatment has been given to cognition, motivation, and new methodologies for gathering and analyzing data. As with the first edition, the chapter contributors are all established stars in their fields. "The Handbook of Educational Psychology", Second Edition provides an indispensable reference volume for scholars, teacher educators, in-service practitioners, policy makers and the academic libraries serving these audiences. It is also appropriate for graduate level courses wholly or partly devoted to the study of educational psychology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Alexander, Patricia A.
Winne, Philip H.