Coherent x-ray optics
TA1775 .P34 2006
- Unknown TA1775 .P34 2006
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. X-Ray Wave-Fields in Free Space-- 2. X-Ray Interactions with Matter-- 3. X-Ray Sources, Optical Elements and Detectors-- 4. Coherent X-Ray Imaging-- 5. Singular X-Ray Optics.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book gives a thorough treatment of the rapidly-expanding field of coherent x-ray optics, which has recently experienced something of a renaissance with the availability of third-generation synchrotron sources. It is the first book of its kind. The author begins with a treatment of the fundamentals of x-ray diffraction for both coherent and partially coherent radiation, together with the interactions of x-rays with matter. X-ray sources, optics elements and detectors are then discussed, with an emphasis on their role in coherent x-ray optics. Various facets of coherent x-ray imaging are then discussed, including holography, interferometry, self imaging, phase contrast and phase retrieval. Lastly, the foundations of the new field of singular x-ray optics are examined. Most topics are developed from first principles, with numerous references given to the contemporary research literature. This book will be useful to x-ray physicists and students, together with optical physicists and engineers who wish to learn more about the fascinating subject of coherent x-ray optics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- David M. Paganin.
- Oxford series on synchrotron radiation ; 6