Oxford African American studies center [electronic resource] : the online authority on the African American experience
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2006-
- Gates, Henry Louis, Jr.
- Comprehensive collection of scholarship focused on the lives and events which have shaped African American and African history and culture, coupled with precise search and browse capabilities. Features over 7,500 articles from Oxford's reference works, approximately 100 primary sources with specially written commentaries, over 1,000 images, over 100 maps, over 200 charts and tables, timelines to guide researchers through the history of African Americans and over 6,000 biographies. The core content includes: Africana, which presents an account of the African and African American experience in five volumes ; the Encyclopedia of African American history ; Black women in America, 2nd ed ; and the African American national biography.
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Title on HTMLheaderOxford AASC
- Title from opening screen (viewed July 28, 2006).
- Henry Louis Gates, Jr., editor-in-chief.
- Access limited to subscribers.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.