- Bellucci, S. (Stefano), 1957-
- Black Holes and Supergravity.- Attractors and Entropy.- Attractor Mechanism in N=2, d=4 Maxwell Einstein Supergravity.- Black Holes and Critical Points in Moduli Space.- Black Hole Thermodynamics and Geometry.- N-extended Supergravity, U-Duality and the Orbits of Exceptional Lie Groups.- Microscopic Description. The Calabi-Yau Black Holes.- Macroscopic Description. Higher-Derivative Terms and Black Hole Entropy.- Further Developments.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This is the second volume in a series of books on the general theme of Supersymmetric Mechanics; the series is based on lectures and discussions held in 2005 and 2006 at the INFN-Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati. The first volume appears as "Lect. Notes Physics, Vol. 698" ("Supersymmetric Mechanics , Vol .1: Supersymmetry, Noncommutativity and Matrix Models" (2006) ISBN: 3-540-33313-4). The present extensive lecture supplies a pedagogical introduction, at the non-expert level, to the attractor mechanism in space-time singularities. In such a framework, supersymmetry seems to be related to dynamical systems with fixed points, describing the equilibrium state and the stability features of the thermodynamics of black holes. After a qualitative overview, explicit examples realizing the attractor mechanism are treated at some length; they include relevant cases of asymptotically flat, maximal and non-maximal, extended supergravities in 4 and 5 dimensions. A number of recent advances along various directions of research on the attractor mechanism are also given.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Beginning date
- Stefano Bellucci (ed.).
- Lecture notes in physics, 0075-8450 ; 698, 701, 755