Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, c2001.
- xii, 539 p. ; 26 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Theoretical explanations for violence against women / Jana L. Jasinski
- Definitional issues / Walter S. DeKeseredy, Martin D. Schwartz
- Measurement issues for violence against women / Sujata Desai, Linda E. Saltzman
- Special topic : Men researching violence against women / Neil Websdale
- Ethical issues in research on violence against women / Jacquelyn C. Campbell, Jacqueline D. Dienemann
- Collaborating for women's safety : partnerships between research and practice / Jeffrey L. Edleson, Andrea L. Bible
- Victimization of female children / Kathleen A. Kendall-Tackett
- Special topic : Female genital mutilation / Tamar Diana Wilson
- From prevalence to prevention : closing the gap between what we know about rape and what we do / Karen Bachar, Mary P. Koss
- Violence against women by intimate relationship partners / Patricia Mahoney, Linda M. Williams, Carolyn M. West
- Violence against older women / Linda Vinton
- Mainstreaming immobility : disability pornography and its challenge to two movements / R. Amy Elman
- Sexual harassment : violence against women at work / Phoebe Morgan
- Services for sexual assault survivors : the role of rape crisis centers / Rebecca Campbell, Patricia Yancey Martin
- Special topic : Sexual assault nurse examiner (SANE) program / Linda E. Ledray
- Shelters and other community-based services for battered women and their children / Cris M. Sullivan, Tameka Gillum
- Intervention programs for men who batter / Larry W. Bennett, Oliver J. Williams
- The Violence Against Women Act of 1994 : the federal commitment to ending domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and gender-based crimes of violence / Roberta L. Valente ... ... [et al.]
- Criminal justice system responses to domestic violence : law enforcement and the courts / LeeAnn Iovanni, Susan L. Miller
- Advocacy on behalf of battered women / Ellen Pence
- Health intervention with battered women : from crisis intervention to complex social prevention / Evan Stark
- Religious issues and violence against women / Marie M. Fortune
- School-based education and prevention programs / Mary K. O'Brien
- Getting the message out : using media to change social norms on abuse / Marissa Ghez
- Domestic violence as a welfare-to-work barrier : research and theoretical issues / Jody Raphael
- Special topic : Criminalization of pregnancy / Drew Humphries
- Prostitution, the sex industry, and sex tourism / Jody Miller, Dheeshana Jayasundara
- Violence against women as a human rights violation : international institutional responses / Johanna Bond, Robin Phillips.
- Publisher's Summary:
Violence against women is a centuries old problem, but it is not until the past three decades that the topic has mushroomed in scholarly discussion. With this explosion of information there is a need for a comprehensive analysis of the complex theoretical, methodological, and ethical issues surrounding this topic. Editors Claire Renzetti, Jeffrey Edleson, and Raquel Kennedy Bergen fill this void in their book the Sourcebook on Violence Against Women. This handbook comprises a collection of original scholarly writings that extensively cover the current research on violence against women. In four sections the editors treat theoretical and methodological issues in research, types of violence, prevention and direct intervention, and continuing and emerging issues. As a comprehensive information source on violence against women, this book is an excellent resource for students, practitioners, and academics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Renzetti, Claire M.
Edleson, Jeffrey L.
Bergen, Raquel Kennedy.