Light scattering reviews
- Berlin ; New York : Springer ; Chichester : Published in association with Praxis, c2006-
- Physical description
- v. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Springer-Praxis books in environmental sciences
- Kokhanovsky, Alex A.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I Remote sensing and radiative transfer: 1. Solar radiative transfer for global climate studies--- 2. On the remote sensing and radiative properties of cirrus--- 3. Retrieval of cloud optical thickness and effective radius using multispectral remote sensing and accounting for 3D effects--- 4. Raman lidar remote sensing of geophysical media--- Part II. Inverse problems: 5. Linearization of vector radiative transfer by means of the forward-adjoint perturbation theory and its use in atmospheric remote sensing--- 6. Derivatives of the radiation field and their application to the solution of inverse problems--- Part III Numerical techniques: 7. Studies of light scattering by complex particles using the null-field method with discrete sources--- 8 Radiative transfer in horizontally and vertically inhomomgeneous turbid media.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is to continue the "Light Scattering Reviews" series devoted to modern knowledge and milestones in both experimental and theoretical techniques related to light scattering and radiative transport problems. It gives a valuable picture of recent developments in the area of remote sensing and radiative transfer. The work has capabilities to further facilitate studes in light scattering media optics and be of importance for researchers across various scientific fields including astronomy, meterology and geophysics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Publisher description:
- Beginning date
- Alexander A. Kokhanovsky (editor).