Low-power low-voltage sigma-delta modulators in nanometer CMOS
- Yao, Libin.
- Dordrecht : Springer, c2006.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 158 p. : ill., ; 25 cm.
- Kluwer international series in engineering and computer science. Analog circuits and signal processing ; SECS 868.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- List of Tables. List of Figures. Symbols and Abbreviations. Physical. Definitions. 1 Introduction. 1.1 Motivation. 1.2 Outline of the work. 2 ADCs in Nanometer CMOS Technologies. 2.1 Introduction. 2.2 Scaling-Down of CMOS Technologies. 2.3 Impact of Moving Into Nanometer CMOS to Analog Circuits. 2.4 ADCs In Nanometer CMOS. 2.5 Conclusion. 3 Principle of sigma-delta ADC. 3.1 Introduction. 3.2 Basic Analog to Digital Conversion. 3.3 Oversampling and Noise Shaping. 3.4 Traditional sigma-delta ADC Topology. 3.5 Conclusion. 4 Low-Power Low-Voltage sigma-delta ADC Design in Nanometer CMOS: Circuit Level Approach. 4.1 Introduction. 4.2 Low-Voltage Low-Power OTA Design. 4.3 Low-Voltage Low-Power sigma-delta ADC Design. 4.4 A 1-V 140-A Wsigma-delta modulator in 90-nm CMOS. 4.5 Measurements on PSRR and Low-Frequency Noise Floor. 4.6 Conclusion. 5 Low-Power Low-Voltage sigma-delta ADC Design in Nanometer CMOS: System Level Approach. 5.1 Introduction. 5.2 The Full Feedforward sigma-delta ADC Topology. 5.3 Linearity Analysis of sigma-delta ADC. 5.4 Circuit Implementation of the Full Feedforward sigma-delta Modulator. 5.5 A 1.8-V 2-MS/s sigma-delta Modulator in 0.18-A m CMOS. 5.6 A 1-V 1-MS/s sigma-delta Modulator in 0.13-A m CMOS. 5.7 Multibit Full Feedforward sigma-delta Modulator Design. 5.8 Conclusion. 6 Conclusions. Bibliography. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Low-Power Low-Voltage Sigma-Delta Modulators in Nanometer CMOS" addresses the low-power low-voltage Sigma-Delta ADC design in nanometer CMOS technologies at both the circuit-level and the system level. The low-power low-voltage Sigma-Delta modulator design at the circuit level is introduced. A design example is presented in this book. This design is the first published Sigma-Delta design in a 90-nm CMOS technology and reaches a very high figure-of-merit. At the system level, a novel systematic study on the full feedforward Sigma-Delta topology is presented in this book. As a design example, a fourth-order single-loop full feedforward Sigma-Delta modulator design in a 130-nm pure digital CMOS technology is presented. This design is the first design using the full feedforward Sigma-Delta topology and reaches the highest conversion speed among all the 1-V Sigma-Delta modulators to date.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- by Libin Yao, Michiel Steyaert and Willy Sansen.
- The International series in engineering and computer science ; SECS 868