The physics and applications of high brightness electron beams : proceedings of the ICFA workshop, Chia Laguna, Sardinia, 1-6 July 2002
- Singapore ; River Edge, NJ : World Scientific, c2003.
- Physical description
- xii, 549 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
QC787 .H53 P58 2003
- Unknown QC787 .H53 P58 2003
- Includes bibliographical references.
- What Brightness Means - C A Brau-- 6D Phase Space Measurements at the SLAC Gun Test Facility - J F Schmerge-- Performance of the TTF Photoinjector for FEL Operation - S Schreiber-- Phase Space Distortions Arising from Magnetic Pulse Compression of High Brightness Electron Beams - S G Anderson-- Comparison of the Coherent Radiation-Induced Microbunching Instability in an FEL and a Magnetic Chicane - S Reiche-- Ultrafast Materials Probing with the LLNL Thomson X-Ray Source - G Le Sage-- Review of Surface Roughness Effect on Beam Quality - L Palumbo-- Application to Advanced Accelerators Working Group D Summary - M Uesaka-- Energy Loss of a High Charge Bunched Electron Beam in Plasma: Simulations, Acceleration and Scaling - J Rosenzweig-- A Resonant, THz Dielectric-Based Accelerator with Slab Symmetry - R B Yoder-- and other papers.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book contains the contributions to the Workshop on the Physics and Applications of High Brightness Electron Beams, held in July 2002 in Sardinia, Italy. This workshop had a broad international representation from the fields of intense electron sources, free-electron lasers, advanced accelerators, and ultra-fast laser-plasma, beam-plasma and laser-beam physics. The interdisciplinary participants were brought together to discuss advances in the creation and understanding of ultra-fast, ultra-high brightness electron beams, and the unique experimental opportunities in frontier high-energy-density and radiation-source physics which are offered by these scientific tools.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editors, James Rosenzweig, Gil Travish, Luca Serafini.
- Title Variation
- High brightness electron beams