Handbook of polymer synthesis
- 2nd ed. / [edited by] Hans R. Kricheldorf, Oskar Nuyken, Graham Swift.
- New York : Marcel Dekker, c2005.
- Physical description
- viii, 965 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Plastics engineering (Marcel Dekker, Inc.) ; 70.
TP1130 .H37 2005
- Unknown TP1130 .H37 2005
- Polyefins. Polystyrenes and Other Aromatic Poly(Vinyl Compounds). Poly(vinyl ehters)s Poly (vinyl ester)s, and Poly (vinyl halogenide)s. Polymers of Acrylic Acid, Methacrylic Acid, Maleic Acid, and Their Derivatives. Polymeric Dienes. Metathesis Polymerization of Cycloolefins. Aromatic Polyethers. Polyurethanes. Polymides. Poly(vinyl aldehyde)s, Poly(vinyl ketone)s, and Phosphorous-Containing Vinyl Polymers. Metal-Containing Macromolecules. Electrically Conducting Polymers. Photoconductive Polymers. Polymers for Organic Light Emitting Devices/Diodes (OLEDS). Crosslinking and Polymer Networks. Biodegradable Polymers for Biomedical Applications. Controlled/Living Radical Polymerization.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- An authoritative and in-depth review of the most important preparative methods for the synthesis and chemical modification of polymers, this second edition examines the advantages and limitations of a variety of polymerization applications and procedures, as well as new approaches and innovative strategies from the most prominent industry and academic laboratories. The authors analyze biodegradable polymers for biomedical applications, investigate the use of polyolefins, polymeric dienes, aromatic polyethers, polymides, and metal-containing macromolecules, and cover polymers of acrylic acid, methacrylic acid, and maleic acid, reflecting the burgeoning role of polymers in modern science and technology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Plastics engineering ; 70